Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Working Alone



Starting this January 14, 2009, I will be working alone for a month. You see there are only two Filipinos in my company, Me and Him, we are both working as Visual Merchandisers and he is going to have his vacation in the Philippines.

When I say "Alone" , I don't mean "Lonely Alone" , well probably a little bit of that. It's hard to talk when there's no nobody talking back to you, it's doubly hard because I really don't speak or understand Arabic that well after more than 8 years in Saudi Arabia, I know you're going to say how come?, well, my answer is I don't know. Maybe the language is just not my cup of tea, although it's essential to learn it. Going back to that being alone thing, It's not "Lonely Alone", it's more like, "I'm going to have a lot of work Alone" kinda thing, especially the language barrier with the staff, most of them don't speak English and I'm having a hard time speaking Arabic. What a perfect combination!

We talked about this vacation when we were new in this company. We already have a Plan and the Plan was, that we are going to have our vacation together and that we are going to go to different places in the country like Baguio, Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur, up north and even in Boracay and Bohol in the Visayas but that was before we have our 6 Cats.




I'm not saying that the Cats are my problem. I love my Cats and I can sacrifice certain things for them like this vacation, I will have my turn (vacation) anyway. To sum up everything, yes, it's in a way, saddens me that he is going for vacation. Makes me think about the things that he will be doing there, like , drinking beer [Cerveza San Miguel] with friends ( I miss beer drinking with my friends, beer is prohibited in this country, Hellooo!!! 21 century now, remember?) and Singing in a Karaoke bar, while drinking beer with friends, OK that's it. Enough with my day dreaming . All that I can say is, "May the force be with him".