Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday, Sesame Street!

I've got a lot of memories of Sesame Street. As an only child growing up in the 70's and 80's, I could honestly say that Sesame Street had been a part of my childhood life, I didn't just learn from it, I also enjoyed watching it (even if I'm watching it alone!). The show helped me with my English, and my numbers, and not to mention my social skills.

Who could ever forget Bob, singing, 'The People In Your Neighborhood', or Mr. Hooper and his store, (can't forget him!), or Big Bird and Mr. Snuffaluffagus and how they first met on a Monday, or was it a Tuesday?, I love it every time Maria do Charlie, and how about Bert, Ernie and his Rubber Duckie, Kermit the frog and Cookie Monster, The Count, Oscar the Grouch and I love Grover as a waiter.
Watching them on You Tube brings back a lot of memories. I can't believe that Sesame Street is already 40 years old, oh boy! I'm getting old. Happy Birthday, Sesame Street!