Monday, January 18, 2010

Today Is My 2nd 'No Smoking' Anniversary!

I can't believe it, after all those years of smoking, look where I am now. Today (January 18, 2009), is my 2nd year of being smoke-free! Do you think I can now call myself the winner in this battle? I think the answer is both Yes and No. Yes, because, quitting smoking is very hard to do, not a lot of people can even get to their 1st or 2nd week at least without lighting a cigarette. No, because it's still a continuing battle, although unlike before, the cravings is kinda milder now. I still do have cravings sometimes.

Right now my problem is second hand smoking. It's inevitable sometimes to come across smokers in the street or in a room full of people, and get to inhale their smoke. My lungs immediately recognize and react to it, so whenever that happens, I feel a little pain, like a vein twitching there inside my chest. I really don't like the smell of cigarette anymore, sometimes I feel like suffocated when I inhaled the smoke.

My goal right now is to be healthy, I mean totally healthy. I want to grow old like 70 or even older without getting sick, and when I say sick, I mean like having a disease that's hard to cure. No, I don't like that. Nobody does!

I hope all of you who are still in the habit, would really do your best to quit, and have a much healthier lifestyle. I said to myself before, that smoking is just a psychological thing, maybe it's true. Just try things that you think would work for you to stop smoking. As it says there in the picture, "There is no right way to quit smoking. Do whatever works for you".


7 comments:

isladenebz said...

I've lots of dreams: one of them is to quit smoking. I congratulad you JVC. At least ikaw naka-two years na! I look forward to being smoke-free soon.

And yes, kahit na smoker ako, I still feel irritated whenever I smell someone else's smoke. Maarte. At home, I don't smoke in my room o kahit sa sala. I only do it in the kitchen with the windows wide open.

Sa Antipolo, I only smoke outside the house dahil bawal sa mga matatanda at bata.

連絡 said...

Learning makes life sweet...................................................

mightydacz said...

marhaba sadik...oi bago ang ayos ng blog natin ah ayos astig...congratz smoke free lifestyle mo ....health is wealth lol

onlinemommy said...

Wise decision and great action :)

Noel Ablon said...

You are already a winner when you quit. I am always against smoking. Kahit mom ko I always ttold her to quit smoking whenever I see her smoking coz it is not good for your health. Sabi niya pang-alis daw ng stress ng utak. Yap maybe, nawal stress ng utak niya pero ang baga naman niya ang stressed.

Yung isang friend ko meron ding friend na ilang beses ng nag-attempt na mag-quit ng smoking pero laging di natutuloy. In the end natuloy din kasi na-diagnozed na siya ng lung cancer at kung ano-ano na tumutubo sa katawan niya.

Yung drive niya to quit ay naging mas effective kasi buhay na niya nakataya. Ngayon buong family nung taong yun ang naghihirap sa medications niya. So wala pa ring magandang naidulot in the end bagkus pasakit sa mga iiwanan.

Ituloy mo lang yan.

Pepe Cabrera said...

Nebz thanks sa comment. Naku dapat try mo na mag stop ka na. Believe me 'di k magsisisi. Mahirap maging slave sa cigarette, parang obligado kang mag smoke even if u don't want to anymore.

Mightydacz, you are right , 'Health is Wealth'.Salamat!

Noel, Salamat din sa comment mo. Funny but true, Nakakawala talaga ng stress sa utak, pero Totoo yung sabi mo sa mommy mo, na stressed naman yung lungs.

Nakakatakot ang magkasakit, isa rin yan sa nakatulong sa aking for me to stop smoking, Yung takot na mamatay. God bless!

john said...

FDA approved chantix (latest smoking cessation pill) leads you to Smoking free healthy life. The Best possible way to quit smoking for clean and healthy world.