Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My Daily Salty

Starting new year's eve last week, I decided to do a short daily journal, a micro diary so to speak, of my 5 most important and significant activities of the day, and I call it "My Daily Salty". I use the word Salty because as a Christian, I want to always remind myself as 'SALT in the earth' and that I have to strive (daily) to keep my saltiness, just as what the Lord Jesus says,

You are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his flavor, 
with which shall it be salted? it is thereafter good for nothing, 
but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. -  Matthew 5:13

The only reason I'm doing this is for me to easily remember my daily activities for that specific day, especially now that I'm growing older, and my memory is not the same as when I was in my twenties. And I'm not doing this to cherish memories and hold on to it - and cry on it during my nostalgic moments - definitely not that kind of diary.  The Apostle Paul says,

Brothers, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, 
forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth to those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
 -  Philippians 3: 13-14