Sunday, September 17, 2017

Just Renewed My Driver's License Today


I've just renewed my driver's license here for another 5 years. The government has changed the procedures regarding driver's license renewal. Now we must go through medical examinations like eye and blood test. I only learned this changes this morning when I went to renew my license. A taxi driver told me that this changes started just 5 months ago. The taxi driver who took me to the hospital for an examination also helped with some of the procedures there. It turns out he's moonlighting as some sort of a middleman (or something). I paid him 50 Rials for his help and for taking me back to the licensing office.

I really thought this new procedure will give me a hard time and will test my patience, but to my surprise, it turned out to be easy and very fast compared 5 years ago when I first renewed my license, I waited almost a week before I got my license, unlike now, It just took me less than 3 hours to get through all the procedures and get my license. Thank You, Lord Jesus Christ for your help!

At the hospital.

Praise the LORD!