Sunday, February 22, 2009

BBC Explore: Sex and Religion in Manila [Video Part 1, 2 and 3]



Here's a 3 part documentary about the highly controversial Philippine Reproductive Health Bill. In part 2, listen to what the former Mayor of Manila, Lito Atienza's answer to Seyi Rhodes' question, Do you think that the Reproductive Health Bill is being introduce because it's what the people want? His answer was not the kind of answer that I was expecting, coming from an intelligent public official like him. And he also thinks that the growing population of the country is not a problem, (yeah right, blame it all on corruption). Or may be what he really wants to say is that, it's  "not my problem", in other words, he doesn't care.


Part1


Part 2


Part 3

Support the Philippine Reproductive Health Bill, Sign the Petition HERE!


For more news and information, Go to 'I Support the Reproductive Health Bill ' on FACEBOOK.

5 comments:

OrLaNd said...

Nice blog...
i enjoy it very much :)

Pls visit my blog at:
www.dalvindoorlando.blogspot.com
thank you so much

Best regard,
OrLaNd
@@@ INDONESIA @@@

J. Villanueva Cabrera said...

Orland,
Thank You for checking out my blog.

Francesca said...

im a christian and a filipino and the church rules about family planning is FOR ME too much of a hypocrisy.
I believe the couple can take birth control pills, it is not against abortion or Gods Laws, because the baby is not yet fertilized , the pills prevents ovulation.No fetus being killed when taking birth control pills.

The church should know that, as they have great influence to the filipino society.

When the population goes as high as 1 billion in Phils, I wonder what those who agrees with the church will do.
are they willing to help these kids?
They wont bother.

If I were the couple, I go for what I want to do with my life because being in trouble, I cannot count on the church or the govt ANYWAY.

Sorry, carried away me on this video and it boils me, tagal na na problema, hindi pa rin ma solve ng mga nakaupo sa govt.pills lang makasolve sa family planning without violating Gods Laws.

TY for this topic.

J. Villanueva Cabrera said...

Francesca,
Salamat sa iyong mga magagandang words. Sana lahat ng Filipino ay tulad mo ang pag iisip especially about this controversial topic.

krulayar said...

ALLAH THE ALMIGHTY IS ALREADY ON EARTH !!!

The sigh of His arrival: A face in the sky video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_OAauYfPwE

For details:
Please stop in http://manaalmahdi.wordpress.com
Please refer to someone incharge fitted whatever doctrine you are.
This is an exceptionally distinguished essence fitted all mankind.

Thanks,
Krulayar